Saturday, February 23, 2008

The Swiss Family Christensen!

It is official. We will be moving our family to Geneva, Switzerland on June 1. G. accepted the offer today. He will be working for the same company, different office. We are very excited, and have committed for two years. Henry and Elsa will be enrolled in Swiss schools next fall and speaking French. Believe it. I will be learning French. I was angry about that for about a month. Switzerland has four, but really three, official languages: German, French, Italian and Romansch(?). Seventy five percent of the country speaks German. How easy would that be. Whatever. French is starting to sound nice.


These pictures are from our visit to Geneva last week. The first is G. and Ansel in St. Croix. A lovely little mountain village. The second is me in front of the big fountain in Lake Geneva. However, don't be fooled. This was no vacation.
Geneva is beautiful. It will be a lovely place to live. Come visit.

9 comments:

Kimberly said...

What?!!! That is crazy. That is so far. That is no fair. That will be an awesome experience. That will be wonderful! (See, I guess I'll come to terms with it. Afterall, what choice do I have since you didn't ask me. Ha!) Wow! I know I don't see you much, but now when will I ever see you?! You guys will be the perfect people to do it, I'm sure!

the medeiros family said...

(Davis High friend again)...Wow...a big congrats to Greg! What an adventure! Tell him to do Mr. Oram proud. Wow, the things you'll be able to do and see there!
julie (jensen)

Restless Mom said...

I don't even know what to say. We're so jealous.

Suzy, the French will be a *good* thing for you. :)

http://elderwolfedr.blogspot.com said...

Wow!! Congrats! You two are wild and crazy. What a great adventure. How do your families feel about it? Do you think your mom and dad will come for a visit? I drove by their house the other day. Good memories! Call next time your in OR. I would love to see you!

Alison said...

I will so miss the Christensens! We are so excited for you though! What a great adventure! And to get to learn FRENCH too! That is too GREAT! We'll just have to come visit I guess!

Maddie and April Lloyd said...

Wow! Good for you guys! I am excited to hear about your adventures in the alps!

Heather said...

Suzy!!!! I've been trying to figure out how to find you!! The email I have for you (since forever ago, I think from our Chicago days, 8 years or so ago). I'm so glad I saw your link on Stephanie's blog. I saw in one of your earlier blogs something about trying to sell your minivan as the last thing to do before you leave. That got me curious..... so I searched your blog until I figured out what that was all about! Exciting. We haven't talked in a while. Since we left Ohio, we lived in Mexico a couple years, then Brasil, then Peru and now we're back in Mexico City. Geneva looks beautiful!! I'll be watching for a blog from there! How are you guys? Have you found a place to live? Are you there yet, or still in a hotel? I'd love to know all! My email is hdp055@gmail.com

Heather said...

P.S. send me your email and I'll invite you to see my blog. It's private and you have to be invited..... nothing too special, just a way to keep it controlled, or so I tell myself.

Unknown said...

Hello there friends!

Good to see your faces again. Looks like you are alive and well.