Monday, February 25, 2008

Elsa Is Four!

Elsa's birthday was Tuesday. We didn't celebrate until Saturday, and that didn't bug her one bit. . .as long as she could claim four on Tuesday nothing else mattered. Apparently the shame of three was deeper than I had imagined. She was so angry when her buddy Brynn turned four back in November. She's finally at peace again.
Her party was a ton of fun. We gathered a bunch of her friends and they baked and decorated her birthday cake from scratch. I really get into planning my children's birthday parties. I love it. I love entertaining lots of hyper children for a couple hours with the hope that my child will have a great memory. This one was a breeze. I'd do it again in a second. The kids had a great time and were enthralled in the baking process. I didn't have to plan any games or anything. We brought Elsa's kitchen down, and they played with that for about 15 minutes while we waited for the cake to cool.
Elsa had a great time being with her friends. She is such a dear. I worried for weeks about getting her "the" gift, but in the end knew it wouldn't matter. She is such a sweet little girl and so very easy to please. Just like not celebrating on her birthday--she could take it or leave it. She really just loves to be surrounded with her friends and family. Thanks Nana for coming to celebrate with her. She loved it.


4 comments:

Kimberly said...

Sounds like a great time! Happy Birthday Elsa (a wee bit late)! You have one great mom.

Want to come do Kaylie's party for me?! Friday is her big day!

http://elderwolfedr.blogspot.com said...

What a darling! I'm glad you have such a health attitude towards birthday parties. I get a little stressed out over them. I love her cake. You look great! Sophisticated and classy as usual.

Alison said...

Happy Birthday to sweet Elsa! Can you believe FOUR years have passed! We would have loved to have been there for the celebration. So sorry we couldn't make the trip. Thanks for the darling hat and apron, Annaliese LOVES them! I will post pics of her wearing them on my blog soon!

Maddie and April Lloyd said...

What a fun party! I love kid parties too. Maddie and I make up excuses to have them all the time!