Monday, January 18, 2010

Monet's Garden

Do these haystacks look familiar?
How about this bridge?
Maybe the lush trees and a distant shot of the bridge?
We had such an awesome time (Chris and I) walking through these beautiful gardens and visiting Monet's house. I didn't get any pictures of inside the house. Maybe you weren't allowed to take them. I left his house thinking, I can paint any piece of furniture I want and not feel guilty about it. His house was very colorful-french blue (of course), sunshiney yellows, lavendar, green, he used them all.
We were there in October so a lot of the blooming was spent. However, we were still able to recognize most of the flowers and imagine them in full bloom. Plus. . . it wasn't very crowded, or hot, and there weren't any bees swarming around! ha ha.

2 comments:

4lakedames said...

I would have loved being there with you SO much! How fun! You are seeing so many wonderful things!! GLAD you are got over the flu!! I just got it last week....pregnant and sick is the pits!!
xox

Kimberly said...

So beautiful! Yes, you are definitely going to beat me at the "Oh, I've been there" game. Luckyyyyyyy!