Thursday, January 21, 2010

Dinner!

It seems like dinner is always ten minutes later than it should be. Someone is always too hungry to endure another minute. While waiting for dinner to get out of the oven, I was finishing up homework with Elsa and Henry. Ansel couldn't stand the wait any longer. He asked me to make him some toast, and I told him dinner would be ready in just a minute.
Unsatisfied with my answer, he took matters into his own hands.

When I looked up no less than a couple minutes later this is what I found. Notice there is no toaster in this picture.
He asked me for some help. Smearing on butter and jam is still a little difficult for the three year old.

Carrying the toaster to his room, plugging it in and making his own toast apparently isn't. The hot pads are so that he wouldn't burn himself when the toast was done.
The wooden toaster must have been brought in for some extra support.

Ironically when they made toast in nursery the following Sunday, his teacher was quite impressed with his skills.

3 comments:

4lakedames said...

if he learns how to use the blender next he would have been right up there with Grandpa Harold. Ansel's wife someday will be very proud he can take care of himself. BRAVO!

Kimberly said...

Now that is funny.

Nannette said...

I love independent 3 year olds. Way to teach them early!