Thursday, November 12, 2009

HELP!

When I logged it in says I have six followers, so I'm expecting at least six comments. More are surely welcome.

The dilemma part 1: We live in a cold climate and Elsa is skinny.

The dilemma part 2: Elsa wears two jeans skirts and tights every day.

The dilemma part 3: Elsa chooses clothes, I buy them and she won't wear them.

Why do I buy them? I don't want her to freeze on the playground.

Well. . . yeah everyone who knows me knows I'm also obsessed with children's clothing.

In my own defense, I've really cooled my jets. I let her choose what she wants to wear every day, and I rarely make a fuss. I've also recognized that she has her own ideas about clothes, and haven't gone overboard buying.

In her defense, she dresses appropriately for different occasions (school, church, dress-up). Maybe she isn't cold, and I'm just a worrier.

Back to the dilemmas.

The problem is mine and not hers. Right?

Two jean skirts every day with tights. Fine. Fine?

Really I just find it really really boring.

SO. . .

Do I feed her passion and avoid my boredom and just buy the girl denim skirts?

Not really such a big problem is it?

*Loved hearing from everyone!! I returned Elsa's new Hello Kitty jeans and bought a new denim skirt. She wore it three days in a row. I washed it and she's wearing it again. I'm glad I have a girl who knows what she likes!

12 comments:

Nancy said...

If that is all she wants to wear, might as well give it some variety. She will probably grow out of it eventually.

Annie S. said...

buy thicker tights or make her wear 2? I remember wearing the same clothes over and over at that age until I would wear them out completely. Worry about which French slang words she's picking up at school instead :)

jessi said...

Maybe get her a few sets of those legwarmers that are super popular still??? If she will wear them. . .

http://elderwolfedr.blogspot.com said...

Uhhhhh . . . I have no fashion sense as you know, but I do like the leg warmer idea. My nieces wear them and they are adorable!

Hannah wears the same pair of jeans. Every day if allowed. I think its a phase as well. If she does get cold, she'll do something about it. They move so much more than we do, it's possible she isn't getting cold.

Good luck and be glad she isn't wearing a mini skirt with fish net tights.

amelia said...

I just saw The September Issue which is a documentary about Anna Wintour, the editor-in-chief of Vogue. Her daughter, Bee, has nothing to do with fashion and thinks people stuck on materialism are small minded and unhappy. I think she was in law school or something. I thought it was really brave how she was both extremely supportive and disapproving of her mother - being such a power force to the industry too. Maybe Elsa is just headed for a life that only requires jeans and tights! I'll back her!

Bradley Moss said...

I feel for you - but can't relate since my kids wear whatever I put out for them (I know - lucky me!). I would bet that if she was cold she'd do something different to stay more warm. But I would think she'd be bored with her wardrobe like you are....who knows what makes these kids tick?

4lakedames said...

just be glad shes not smok'in mary jane out on that cold playground!!!

Nannette said...

I couldn't get Ellie to wear some of her cute clothes I had bought for her...so I instituted a sticker chart for a while...with a new sticker every day she wore something new. I can't remember if there was a prize or not...it worked for a while...and then she would wear some of the different clothes now and again!
What about the cute girl pants that aren't jeans?

Fillmore said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Fillmore said...

I picture your kids in the Hannah Anderson catalog. I wore mini skirts, sweatshirts, and duck shoes back in Oregon during the winter. Good thing I live in Arizona where I think 75 degrees is cold. lol!

The Christexans said...

I love hearing from all of you dear friends! Thanks for your thoughts. I've been presenting them to the little beauty. If any changes are made with the fashionista, I'll post about it for shizzle!

Kimberly said...

Holy posts! You've got friends girl! Fashion savey ones too. I think Miss Kaylie and Miss Elsa would have a blast together - looking like twins that is!