Saturday, May 23, 2009

Ascension in Yvoire, France

The kids had Thursday off for Ascension Day. We decided to visit a midieval town in France, just minutes from Geneva. I had pretty low expectations. Someone had told me it was boring. The first thing we did was take a forested trail down to the lake. It reminded me of day-trips to the beach from my youth. We walked along the rocky beach, skipped little rocks, and climbed on the big ones. The kids were having the best time.
We walked around the castle and then through the ancient city. The streets were lined with boutiques that sold lovely things like hand blown glass (the blower was looking at us through the window), art, and homemade gingerbread. There was also a sensory garden. I can't wait to go back and see, hear, taste, feel, and smell what that is like.


4 comments:

jessi said...

Beautiful pics and great to know it was such a lovely trip. It's on my list!

McCall said...

That doesn't seem boring at all!

Kimberly said...

Is anything really boring there? Austin can sometimes be boring, true. But Switzerland? Can't imagine. I'm sure glad you share it with us.
(Lurrrve the picture of Ansel too!)

Alison said...

So fun! That is just my kind of boring.