Saturday, May 23, 2009

Vevey, Switzerland

Have I mentioned that I think it's a pretty good thing we live in Switzerland? Saturday morning Greg woke determined we were going to have a great day and go on a little trip. Honestly he was the only one with that thought. The rest of us were barely along for the ride. As it turned out. . . 20 minutes down the road he'd nearly given up on all of us. That's how we ended up in Vevey!
We parked and he pulled out a most amazing picnic-which he bought groceries for and prepared entirely on his own. The picnic included the most delicious chocolate eclairs. I believe they were my first eclairs since we've lived here.
After eating, we were all starting to feel much much better. The day was beautiful and Vevey has a beautiful park that we enjoyed for a couple of hours.

That's why I'm glad we live in Switzerland (and married to Greg). We'll do Basel another day.

4 comments:

jessi said...

I agree, living here is fabulous! Pique-niques in Europe are always dreamy. Can't wait for another summer in Europe!

Kimberly said...

I'm not sure which is more beautiful, you or the mountains. Lurrrve this picture of you and Henry!

Alison said...

I think you are so lucky to be there too! Every day a new place to explore. What a gorgeous scene those mountains are. I need to visit.

Nannette said...

Your hair looks so cute! I'm glad you are having fun over there!