Sunday, October 12, 2008

Ansel in a Cast

Greg manages to keep up three blogs and then uploads (or is it downloads) pictures on my blog in hopes that I'll write something.  It would be so much more interesting if he'd just write the commentary as well.
Yeah Ansel "hurt" his leg.  They didn't find a break or a fracture.  We go back tomorrow for more x-rays.  So why the bright red cast?  The little Booch was in so much pain they decided to use the cast as pain control.  He was in so much pain,  it was so sad.  Now I wonder what they will do about my back-ha ha.
Here is the story.  We went to pick the kids up from school.  Henry got out first and wanted to play on the playground.  Ansel wanted to join him.  I was watching of course.  Elsa came out and I greeted her.  As we were heading to the boys her teacher called after me and I turned around.  That's when it happened.  Henry catapulted over the safety fence on the sling bridge.  Ansel thought that looked cool and attempted to do the same.  Without success.  
I knew something was wrong immediately.  His little foot was just trembling.  I took off his shoe immediately.  The foot nor the leg swelled much.  He cried non-stop for an hour and wouldn't stand on it at all.  I took him to the ER right away.  You can imagine the rest-not much different from an ER in the states except that I got to speak German with the nurse and Italian with the Dr. and French with everyone else.  It was nice when the head Dr. spoke English.  I love that about Switzerland.

Ansel with the bright red cast his siblings got to pick out!



His new mode of transportation.  Well really it's me.

4 comments:

LeAnn said...

I'm so sorry he was in such pain. I am sure it was very stressful...
I'll let the boys know how it happened.

S. Fillmore said...

How sad for him. How long does he have to wear the cast? We made it to Kindergarten before we had any kids with broken bones.

Alison said...

Red is a good color. I'm so sorry that he got hurt. Ouch! I hope he heals quickly.

Kimberly said...

OMgoodness! That is so sad and cute at the same time. The little ones want to be and do just like the big kids. Hope he is feeling better!