Monday, September 29, 2008

Ansel's Haircut!

Yes. Those are a pair of sewing shears and a brush.

Ansel has been in desperate need of a haircut.  Not being much of a haircutter myself, I've just avoided it.  But one day last week I couldn't stand it any longer.  I remember my cousin telling me she use to cut her sons hair in the bathtub(less messy).  Lots of people have used the television distraction technique.  Ansel isn't interested in television and I just imagined him trying to climb the wall of our high bathtub slipping and cracking his chin open to get away from my big shears.  So I waited until he fell asleep, put a towel underneath his head, and just started cutting.  He was definitely distracted and the clean up was a cinch.  I wonder if I could do the same with Henry?

Not too bad. His face is pretty forgiving!

7 comments:

Kimberly said...

That is amazing. An amazing haircut and amazing that he didn't wake up.

Kimberly said...

Forgot to tell you... check out my "friends blog" list. I found Kathy Shultz! Check out her blog.

LeAnn said...

c'est top!

Roseanne said...

what a great idea!

Celeste Christensen said...

Wow! I don't think I could try that with my girls. That is fantastic!

S. Fillmore said...

Creative! I used to cut nails when they were sleeping. Our kids didn't grow hair until they were 3 years old

Alison said...

Looks great Suz! You are a woman of many talents!