Thursday, November 8, 2007

The Mania Continues

Every day is something new for a mother. That sounds so trite-I'm pontificating about things obvious to those who have experienced it and probably annoying again to those who haven't. Anyway, this morning I was down stairs reading with Henry and Greg was in the shower and Ansel was standing in the toilet and Elsa was apparantly taking care of him. She managed to lift him out both of them pretty wet from the event. I'm pretty bummed I didn't get up there quickly enough to see him standing there, but very grateful he was just wet.
His toilet passion is annoying and almost as exciting to him as the garbage cans. We've managed to "successfully" keep them out of his reach for about a week. rah rah rah. So after the climbing in incident I thought I better buy those toilet locks. When I was out running errands I spaced it. I remembered right after Elsa, Ansel and I had just finished a little tea party in her room. I walked away to go get something-maybe a drink for Ansel-I can't really remember. When I heard splashing I knew I was in trouble. Ansel decided he was going to get his own drink. Remember, I said he was independent? The toilet bowl was of course where he was filling up that tea cup. Even worse the last child to go didn't flush. How disgusting. He was as thrilled as could be and looked refreshed.

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

Okay, the story wasn't so bad until the end part where it wasn't a flushed toilet. That's pretty bad. Ugh. Hang in there.

Alison said...

That is SOOO Funny! Also gross but I just have to laugh! I've caught the twins on a coule of occasions sucking the water out of their toothbrushes in front of the open toilet....wet up to their sleeves of course. Yuck!!!! I was too chicken to turn on the light to see what color the water was!