Monday, March 2, 2009

Elsa's 5!

Congratulations Sweet Elsa! She had a terrific birthday. We celebrated with all our usual family traditions. The kitchen table was decorated with gifts and the birthday ring. She learned the song "I'm Five." Her picture garland was hung and still hangs. She chose her favorite breakfast-Cinnamon Toast Crunch. And she invited some friends over for a celebration. The party was actually a week after her birthday. Birthday on the 19th and party on the 25th. Grandmas and Grandpas sent lavish gifts that also included treats for everyone. Thanks.

Her party was a hoot. We chose a magical pony theme. All the guests received headbands and tails to become magical ponies. They colored princess paper dolls because every magical pony's best friend is a princess. We played some games and then I performed some magical tricks. Definitely a highlight. ha ha. Five little girls are a breeze to entertain. Definitely the most enjoyable party for me.

Elsa has had a great year four. She has shown so much courage and strength. If I could make a peacemaker, she is definitely it. She has such a generous heart and always trying to make sure everyone is happy. What an important role she plays in our family. We love her.

5 comments:

4lakedames said...

yum! The cake looks lovely!
elsa is looking so mature!

jessi said...

I love the pony hair! I can't wait to throw a birthday party for 5 year old girls!

Kimberly said...

Well,how cute is that... I mean is she! Happy belated Birthday Elsa. You have an awesome mom to give you such a great party!

LeAnn said...

hello to the little swiss miss and the boys...
have some pics I almost lost, will send...your kids are too cute
I have a post on Ansel on Vox check out your cute boy

Alison said...

Happy Birthday Elsa! Looks like such a fun little celetration. Wish we could have been there!
(I can't believe how long her hair has gotten!)