Sunday, August 17, 2008

The Weekend

Our shipment arrived on Thursday! Woo hoo. It has been so nice to have real forks and knives. The kids have been so excited to have all of their "gear."

On Saturday we visited Ste. Croix. The reason: When Greg and I came out to check out Geneva they took us up to the mountains. For lunch I got this sandwich called crote de formage. It is a gigantic super deluxe grilled cheese sandwich. They put a gigantic piece of bread an inch thick and enough to cover the whole plate, then they put a slice of ham on top of that and melt about a pound of Gruyere cheese on top. Six months later Greg and I were both craving it. We tried to find the same restaurant, but got too hungary before we did. It was good, but I'm guessing it will be another six months before we want it again!

1 comment:

S. Fillmore said...

That looks like heaven!!! My favorite food in the world is Grilled Cheese.