Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Nestle Chocolate Factory

We visited the Nestle/Cailler chocolate factory this weekend and it was pretty amazing. We liked pretending that we were visiting Willy Wonka's factory. The wallpaper was a collage of chocolate with pieces of fruit here and there. We were tempted to taste it but opted for sniffs instead. It didn't smell. Here's Henry shouting that he found the golden ticket.

They invite you to watch a movie that was made pre 1965 for sure. Then you get to walk through the factory and see the progression of chocolate making machines. Interestingly the Swiss have just honed their craft of making chocolate because of their passion for chocolate. The raw ingredients for making chocolate are far from Switzerland.

Then you enter a room full of chocolate and sample as much as you like. I guess they figure you can only eat so much chocolate. I could only handle about 6 pieces. Kind of a bummer it has to end. In fact I couldn't even eat chocolate the next day.

We had a great time this weekend with the Davis family. We already miss them. Henry is especially sad that they are gone. He really does miss being home in the States with friends and family.

6 comments:

Greg Christensen said...

For the record, even though Suzy could only eat six pieces of free chocolate, I had about 42.

Alison said...

MMMMmmmmm....
For the record I just got a gym membership.

S. Fillmore said...

Free chocolate is free chocolate. Next time bring little ziplocs to sneak some home in. ;) My Blake would have been in heaven

Kimberly said...

Oh wow, that would be really good right now. All-you-can-eat is my favorite kind of eating. Sadly it shows below my waistline!

Walt said...

I can just imagine the smell - I think I just gained 5 pounds.

It sounds like you are having fun over the pond.

Have you taked the Sonud of Music Tour yet?

Walter Koseck

LeAnn said...

Chocolate and Mountains!!!
sounds like heaven