Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Tuesday Morning

Tuesday mornings start early at our apartment. Why? It's our laundry day. Everyone in the building can sign up for a five hour time slot for laundry. Located in the basement, along with the nuclear bomb shelter, you will find one washer and one dryer. Besides, the chocolate bars at the COOP it is the best deal in Geneva. I pay 1.20 francs an hour to use the washer and the dryer is free. Free! So my standing laundry reservation is Tuesdays from 7:00 AM-12:00 noon. Perfect. I sneak down there a half an hour early. I managed to finish seven loads this morning! Amazing. By noon I have not only done the entire weeks laundry, but it is also folded and put away. This is a feat I never guessed possible living in the states. The secret, the professional washer and dryer. I can do a load of wash in half an hour (or if it's really dirty stuff 1 hr. 22 minutes) and the dryer doesn't need any more than 40 minutes. This laundry thing has been such a great deal, I don't think we'll buy a washer and dryer. The computer can go ahead and stay in the laundry closet.

3 comments:

Celeste Christensen said...

Oh,wow! I don't think I could handle that. Glad to hear that you are enjoying it over there. Its amazing what you have been up too.

-- The other Christensens

LeAnn said...

This reminds me of how Lars' mom said they did laundry growing up in Denmark...but they had one day every six weeks. Can you imagine??? I have always been more of a "binge washer" so I think this once a week schedule would work for me! Lars wants to know how many people are in your building.

Kimberly said...

One feat I wish I could do. I'm great at starting the wash, but often forget about it when the first load needs to be folded. I hate folding. So props to you girl!