Sunday, July 20, 2008

Chamonix, France

We thought we'd venture across the border into France this weekend.  It is only a 20 minute drive.  Everyone says that meat is a lot less expensive over there.  I had to check it out for myself, and am still not totally convinced.  I bought a whole chicken (4 lbs.) for about $18. What a deal!  I got some ground beef for about $10/lb.  We've been eating a lot more pasta.
It didn't seem right to just go to France to pick up meat so we thought we'd go to the mountains again.  We've been having so much success with our mountain excursions.  Chamonix was gorgeous that's for sure.  However, it was sooo much more touristy.  The kids didn't have nearly as good of a time.  We ended up going to lunch, walking around the market and enjoying the magnificent Alps.

Henry is proud of his Euro Cup Suisse soccer jersey.  He has worn it every day since he got it. He spends every morning convincing me it isn't dirty.  (I am allotted a five hour time slot once a week to do laundry.  It actually has worked pretty well so far).

6 comments:

Alison said...

Hope that meat is tasty. Do they have Costco there?

Kimberly said...

Wow - look at those mountains. And I know I've said it before, but I have to say it again...
Elsa is the cutest little Suzy replica! And Ansel, Henry too for that matter, is getting bigger so fast.

Just got back from our usual summer trip to Utah. Drove by Greg's mom's place and thought, guess I'll miss seeing you this time! Love ya! Keep having fun and keep sharing it with us!

Kimberly said...

P.S. Enjoy every morsel of that meat!

Diane said...

Hi Suzy,

It looks like you guys are so happy. I'm glad your having a great time. Those mountians are beautiful. Wish I were there. I love reading about your adventures.

Love,
Diane Koseck

McCall said...

Every time I comment on your blog, this is what I'm going to say, "YOU GUYS ARE SO LUCKY!!!!"
I'm completely jealous

Heather said...

Looks gorgeous!