Friday, April 25, 2008

Bring Your Kids to Work Day

Hi. This is Greg. Husband of Suzy and guest-author for today's post.

Yesterday was Bring Your Kids to Work Day, so I took the two oldest Banshees into the city to see my office. (For those of you who don't know, I work in advertising, doing things like this.) Here are just some of the day's highlights:

The train ride into the city. Henry said this was his favorite part of the day. (It's all downhill from here.) When I asked him why he simply said, "No seat belts!"

Downtown near the Sears Building. (Obviously, the Windy City.)


Taking the water taxi up the Chicago River to the office.
(In the winter I have to walk through the Loop.)

Our Kind of Town. A short walk from the dock to the office.
(I've just noticed I've been using parentheses quite liberally.)

Henry tries his hand at copywriting.
(Note the two cans of grape juice. The free soda in the vending machine meant a morning of punching buttons and an afternoon of trips to the bathroom.)

Elsa drew a picture of Corey, my art director partner.
Apparently, Corey is part Charlie Brown, part piranha.

Foosball!

Elsa loved the view!

The train ride home.
(Do you know how hard it is to carry two kids off a train?)

3 comments:

Kimberly said...

That is one awesome post and one awesome day for the two kiddos. What a great dad you are and what a lucky lady at home!!

The Christexans said...

I actually went out to lunch with a friend. It was nice. A different kind of day.

the medeiros family said...

What a cool day, Greg...looks like they had a blast. I know I would have been all for the free sodas and no seat belt. I can't believe how much Henry looks like you!