Friday, September 7, 2007

Our Daughter, Ansel

This is Greg, guest-posting with a cautionary tale. With Suzy's permission, of course.

Sometimes Suzy and I have different opinions on what is gender-appropriate clothing for our children to wear. Exhibit A:



This is Ansel. Despite his attire, he is our son. A male child. Suzy thinks this outfit is appropriate. Maybe you agree. But I doubt your husbands will. And I guarantee, by the time he's in junior high, neither will Ansel.

A week ago, this is what Ansel wore to church. Because Suzy conducts the music in children's primary, I took Ansel to priesthood meeting with me. There was one other infant in the group. Ansel sat calmly on my lap, while the other boy played restlessly and noisily on the floor.

As we loaded our car in the church parking lot that afternoon, one of the older men who sat next to me made the comment, "What a quite baby! Not like that other one!"

I smiled appreciatively. Then he added, "Well, I guess girls are different than boys."

I rest my case.

8 comments:

The Christexans said...

See what happens when you fall asleep before your husband gets home! My blog has been pirated! This story makes me laugh again and again. I've had this outfit since Henry was born and just found the right moment to wear it. Greg is never around before to church to police the boys' clothing, but seriously I don't think anything would make Ansel look like a girl. He is boy head to toe. The story is a good one.
Suzy

http://elderwolfedr.blogspot.com said...

This cracked me up. Greg and Ben would get along very well. Ben is always questioning my outfit choices especially on Sunday. I found he races me to the task of dressing Jack on Sunday. He wore khanki pants, white shirt and a sweater vest this Sunday (Ben won!), but last week he wore a romper in light blue and white (I won that weeks race). Either way, he was adorable!! Just like Ansel! A couple of cuties!

Alison said...

You guys crack me up!!! Love the photo! Classic!

4lakedames said...

suzy~
classic photo. i do agree with greg, but would have to add that ansel is a very beautiful baby and you have great taste!!
greg said comments on your blog are like candy to you...hope this one is tasty!!
love, haley

Erin said...

What an adorable little girl..just kidding. He is a babe. Its me Erin, Alison's sister. ANyway, I am dropping you a line to ask one simple question. Would you recommend putting in wood flooring yourself or hired help? We are buying our first house(wow that is crazy to say) and we have a lot of fixing up to do. Flooring is the first thing were doing. ANy sugguestions? I do have a very very handy man. so....

Kimberly said...

First Suzy, I am sorry about what I am about to tell Greg.

Greg, when Tanner was born, Suzy gave me an outfit for him. The truth comes out now. Although it was adorable, he never wore it because it was a bit more girly-looking than boyish-looking. Huy wouldn't let his son wear it, but I think I would have if I was a single mother.

Suzy and Greg, Ansel is the dang cutest boy ever, no matter what he wears!!

LeAnn said...

Where was I that Sunday???? Maybe I didn't recognize Ansel.

Greg Christensen said...

Maybe it will fit Ansel.