Saturday, March 26, 2011

Freshly-Painted Room

A while back, we decided we'd had enough with the color of our room. I'm not sure what the label on the bucket said, but I'd describe the color of our walls as "Vomited Orange Juice."

We thought we'd like some kind of blue. And "Valley Forge Brown" looked really good on the label. But once the samples were on our walls, the blues weren't satisfactory. And our doubts about Valley Forge Brown was confirmed when Henry walked in and said, "Whoa! That looks like diarrhea!" Not really a big improvement over Tang barf.


We ended up settling on Diplomat Gray. As soon as we started painting, we knew we were going to love it.

This is our room now, and we love it.



Now we just need to take care of the rest of our house. Not sure when we'll get to it. We're just slowly eating the elephant.

7 comments:

4lakedames said...

Love it! I dont remember the orange juice though I didnt hang out in your room when I was there!

McCall said...

Gorgeous! You're a great decorator!

Kimberly said...

I am loving it! Nice job. Looks like you have been hitting a few of the TX sites too. Miss ya!

Joe said...

Looks great! I like the floor too, that is nice.

Alison said...

Loving it! I can't wait to see it in person. I hope to see you guys reeeaaal soon. xo

Harmony said...

totally love that color and the whole look of your room! good job!

LeeAnn said...

Great look and the art on the walls isn't too bad either!