Thursday, November 4, 2010

Representative Henry

Henry was elected to his student council on Wednesday!

Each class elected one boy and one girl. He was the only boy who prepared the mandatory campaign speech, so he won by default. But we’re sure he would have won anyway. We hear he has a strong female base. Here’s a transcript of the speech he wrote (with a little help from Greg and me):

"When I am elected to student council, I will have promises to keep. I can’t promise to change the water fountains into root beer fountains. Or to give us longer recesses. Or to send a note home to your parents saying we have the rest of the month off. But I can promise to be your friend. And as your friend, I can take your ideas to the principal. That’s what a friend would do. And that’s what I will do for you. Vote Henry Christensen!"

3 comments:

McCall said...

What a cutie! He looks SOOO much like Greg!

jessi said...

I love how you have morphed your last name again, suiting to where you have moved. And I love, love, love Henry's run for student government. Awesome speech, Henry (and Greg).

LeeAnn said...

I'd vote for Henry if he would be my friend and represent me to the principal!