Monday, September 21, 2009

She's Got Moxy!

Elsa came home for lunch the other day declaring she had her first loose tooth. At five and a half it wasn't a big stretch. I was stunned. Another child moving along through childhood. She'd reached that next phase before I was ready.
After school she became quite curious about getting that loose tooth out of her mouth. It annoyed her. She was curious about the process and the anticipated pain. She was thrilled about the prospect of a coin!
By the time Greg got home from work she had made that tooth quite wiggly. She petitioned for help, but Greg told her to be patient. "When it's ready it will come out," he told her. So a minute later she just pulled it out. I couldn't believe. She worked that tooth from mildly loose to very wiggly and gone in one day.

What a showing of tenacity and determination. I couldn't be prouder!

3 comments:

Kimberly said...

Wow! Lost one already. So persistant of her. Congratulations Elsa!

Kimberly said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
S. Fillmore said...

I love that story. Definitely one to keep in the journal! All your posts are that way though. Hmmm. makes me sound lame. oh well, I love my lameness. and I love you too!