Thursday, August 27, 2009

My friend Jisoo

I recently read that it is an innate part of the female brain to surround herself with friends for survival.  This becomes even more necessary when we don't live in family groups.  Interestingly we do this for more than someone to chat with.  We do it also to support each other with our own families.

Allow me to introduce my friend Jisoo. . .
Jisoo and her family (husban Sung Yoo and daughter Jiyeon) moved here from Korea the same time we did a year ago.  Jiyeon (9) and Henry learn French together at school and play chess together in their free time.
Jisoo LOVES children and knows how to be silly.  My children LOVE to be with her.  Ansel especially adores her and even cries when she leaves!
We love to share recipes from our different cultures.  Her recipes are typically spicy and mine are typically sweet.  The first time she came for lunch she brought chopsticks and taught my kids how to use them.  They do.

She has been such a wonderful friend and support to me this past year.  

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

How does it go? Make new friends, but keep the old, one is silver and the other gold. I'm glad you have Jisoo. She sounds like a great friend. And I'm sure she is glad to have you! Aren't we all?!

Annie S. said...

yay for friends!!