Monday, May 26, 2008

"I'll sell that for $2. Actually, how about $5?"

My neighbor Patty and I had a massive garage sale last weekend.  This is us the night before the event...


Neither of us has ever hosted a garage sale before.  We had visions of sitting back and reading magazines while the kids sold lemonade.  Wrong.  It was insanely busy.  One potty break a day and my other neighbor Michelle would bring us lunch (which we didn't even sit down to eat).  We made loads and loads of money.  Well, not really.  By any standard it was a success.  After it was over we still took two van loads to Goodwill.  Yikes, that is a lot of stuff!

Greg posted these pictures and titled this post for me.  I guess I'm just not keeping up.  His title refers to my bargaining technique.  To some it may seem a bit backward, but it was quite effective.  I suppose it made the buyer feel so uncomfortable they just wanted to get it and get out. Hey, whatever works.



4 comments:

4lakedames said...

hey, did you save anything for me?
j/k bff! Looks like you sold a ton of crap! Benny won't let me have a yard sale in fear I may sale some of his memories behind his back!
good job teamchristensen!
Haley

4lakedames said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
S. Fillmore said...

I am not a garage sale girl by any means, nor do I picture you as one. I am glad it went well for you. Now, if you could just take care of your honda. My friend had a great idea for her sale. She put up signs that said listed her sale times and then put "Get there early before all the good crap is gone"!!! Another said, "Make my junk your junk". It worked too!

Kimberly said...

Looks like there was plenty of stuff. It always feels good to "clean out."